What We Believe
Baltimore Bible Church exists to glorify God through the Exaltation of His Person, the Equipping of His People, and the Evangelization of those who are Perishing.
Baltimore Bible Church stands with the historic Christian faith of the early apostolic church. In so doing, our covenant members affirm and hold to these essential, core beliefs.
The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God and is sufficient for all Christian faith and practice.
God is the supreme creator and ruler of the universe. He exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on earth, died on a cross, rose from the grave, and will return to Earth one day.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is fully God–the third person of the Trinity–and is a person, not an impersonal force or power, that indwells every christian.
Every human being has sinned and apart from Christ is unfit for Heaven. Our only hope for Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. All who are saved must live a Christ-like life in the power of the Holy Spirit, turning away from sin, and showing love and goodness.
Heaven and Hell are real places, and each person will spend eternity in either the Kingdom of Heaven or in Hell.
Every believer is commanded to learn the Word of God, to pray, to worship, to witness about his faith, and to fellowship with other believers. The primary biblical context for this is the church.
Full Doctrinal Statement
Philosophy of Ministry
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?
The word gospel simply means good news, and that’s exactly what it is. Good news… you can be saved from your sin, and its ultimate penalty, and truly know the Living God!
If you understand and believe it, the gospel is the best news you’ll ever hear. It’s this good news that gives you the ability to find, to know, and to love God, not to mention escaping your bondage to sin, and the ultimate penalty of that sin: eternal death and separation from God.
It is based on nothing you can do, but completely on the life and work of Jesus Christ. That’s why it’s called news, and not advice. The following are the essential points of this good news that God graciously gives us in the Bible:
- God created and owns everything, including you – Genesis 1:1, Psalm 24:1.
- God is perfectly holy – Matthew 5:48.
- God requires your perfect obedience to His law – James 2:10.
- You’ve broken God’s law – Romans 3:10; 23.
- You’ll pay the eternal penalty for your sin – Romans 6:23.
- You can’t save yourself by your good works – Titus 3:5.
- Christ came to earth as both God and sinless man – Colossians 2:9.
- Christ demonstrated His love by dying on the cross to pay sin’s penalty – Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21.
- Christ rose from the grave and is alive today – 1 Corinthians 15:4.
- You must repent of all that dishonors God – Isaiah 55:7; Luke 9:23.
- You must believe in Christ as Lord and Savior, and be willing to follow Him – Romans 10:9.
To help you think about the gospel, follow this link to a multimedia presentation of a message from Matthias Media entitled Two Ways to Live. It’s our hope that this presentation answers your questions about God and His claim on your life. Are you a repentant believer in Jesus? Or are you living your own way? Remember, your soul will live forever. Are you ready for eternity?
Do you have questions about anything you have read?
Please reach out to us. We would love to talk with you!