Declining Love: Examined, Exposed and Eliminated — Jude 1:21; Revelation 2:1-7
Discussion questions for small groups.
1. What are the two greatest commandments? (Matt 22:36-39) What percentage do you think you have grown in living them out?
2. Do you know how your life would reflect a decline in love to God? What are the things that could show up?
3. What should you see in your daily life when you are fighting to keep yourselves in the love of God?
4. What are some observable downward movements when one is declining in love to God?
5. The tragedy of anyone declining in the love of God is un_____________love.
6. The test of love is not emotion or sentiment, the ultimate proof is our ____________. (John 14:21-24)
7. After reading (1 Corinthians 16:22) how important and serious a matter is - love to Jesus?
8. What could be the things you are doing, thinking, and saying that immediately create a barrier between your spirit and the lover of your soul?
9. Ask yourself, “Self, how am I really faring with my Lord? Have I fallen in any measure?”
10. What measures can you take to hedge against declining love? (Rev 2:5)
11. If the counsel of the Lord is not heeded, what are the results? (Rev 2:5d)
12. If the counsel of the Lord is heeded what promise can we hold by faith? (Rev 2:7)